Tiffany McCormick is a loving wife, wonderful mother, fabulous daughter, and the best big sister ever. She was born and raised in Georgia Peach, where she attended primary and secondary school in Dekalb County and then graduated from the Georgia Institute of Technology with a B.S. in Applied Mathematics and a minor in Economics. She also attended Kennesaw State University where she received both a Master of Business Administration degree and a Master of Public Administration degree because she wants to aid in the creation of public-private partnerships that benefit the exploited and underprivileged. In addition, Tiffany is a real estate investor and the current owner of Grand Slam Pizza Kennesaw. She is an active vessel in her church, the Hand of the Lord International in Decatur, GA, where she is an usher and a member of the Dollars and Sense team that hosts programs to help teach the community financial literacy. She gets excited when she’s able to use the gifts God has given her to teach and talk about the economy and finances in a simple and easy-to-understand way that helps people learn what do to and start having conversations about wealth generation and investing God’s way.
Join me and author, Tiffany McCormick as she shares both practical and spiritual encouragement for women CEOs of faith. In this episode, we talk about getting unstuck and moving past mental blocks, while using scripture and our relationship with God to help us overcome hurdles and move into action.
What Tiffany and I talked about this week…
- About her background, her family, and what drives her in her chosen career path. (After taking math classes and Econometrics, her eyes were opened to how business and math are simply correlated.)
- After her experience and background with a family of entrepreneurs and yet instability, she realized she needed to break the cycle of systemic oppression
- It is important to break generational curses, and bloodline burdens and receive deliverance. Then seek out information on an investment program you would be willing to follow and then invest in that.
- What inspired her to write a book about faith.
- How to get unstuck when their lives are not progressing. Getting past spiritual roadblocks, burdens, and weights first.
- First, Figure out who you are in Christ. Then…
- Work on the heart, such as receiving healing from rejection
- Work on your faith- what do you believe and why do you believe it? Ask yourself “Do I believe that He wants me to succeed, that He wants me healthy, and whole, and that He wants the best for me?”
- Being obedient- immediately. Move quickly. The quicker you get there the quicker you can enjoy it.
- Getting past temptations and believing that God is victorious.
- Her favorite scriptures to help get us unstuck as women CEOs. If she is stuck because of…
- For external issues (like not getting enough clients, etc.), she turns to Romans 8:28. “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose” and Phillipians 2:10 “that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth…”
- For internal issues (such as “I’m lacking faith”, “I don’t have vision”, “I’m disappointed and hurt or angry”), she turns to 2 Thessalonians 3:13 “But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good.” Psalm 27:13 “I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the Lord In the land of the living.”
- For Godward issues (such as “I’m not believing God” or if something is affecting my view of God and His ability to do a work for me), she turns to Hebrews 11:6 “But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”
How to reach Tiffany
- Grab a copy of Tiffany’s book on Amazon “Why Didn’t it Work? Help for Christians Who are Struggling with Their Faith”
- Instagram: The Family Economics Teacher
- 10% discount on orders at Grand Slam Pizza in Kennesaw if you heard the podcast!
Contact us at HER Business Elevated…
///JOIN My PODCAST COACHING PROGRAM: https://impactpodcastcoach.com/podcast-coaching/
Credits: Intro/Outro Music by Jobi: English Breakfast- https://www.epidemicsound.com/track/7emX18vZqh/