Welcome to episode #25! In a previous episode, I shared about how to become more authentic in business. On this episode, our guest dives deeper into this topic with me. This week’s fantastic guest is Josevie Jackson.
Introducing Josevie Jackson, Black Card Books
When it comes to entrepreneurial success, Josevie Jackson knows what she is talking about. She started her first business at the age of 20, eventually becoming a serial entrepreneur with several streams of income, including President and CEO of Black Card Books. Josevie is a multi-million-dollar producer – selling millions in products in the last 4 years alone and has received various awards throughout the years. During her time working in Corporate America, she managed well over 750 employees. Certainly, her role as an innovator and leader is undeniable. Josevie is the author of Thrive & Be Somebody -11 Steps to Maneuver Lifeʼs Obstacles with Confidence and The Small Business Survival Guide. She enjoys using her experiences and expert strategies to make a positive & lasting impact on the lives of others. As an international business coach & speaker, Josevie is greatly driven by her passion to help others succeed in life. Currently, she speaks all over the world to audiences as large as 2,000. Josevie enjoys being a world traveler. She currently lives in Arizona with her husband, is a mother to six children, and has multiple grandchildren.
Josevie and I talked about…
- Her journey into entrepreneurship. She started her journey as a mother of six and started multiple businesses beginning around age 20 (with her first business being an independent insurance business that she ran from her dining room table). Years later, she took a leap of faith and decided to write her own books, a brewing passion that had been in her heart for years.
- We talked about authenticity and showing up as we are. God has created each of us so unique and we are all meant to offer something different in the world. She mentioned the book, Millionaire Mindset authored by Black Card Books founder, Gerry Robert which emphasizes letting go of old mindsets and embracing what we really want in life. The exercise of writing down what we actually want for our lives can help us to gain mental breakthroughs. We begin what we truly want for ourselves, and not just for our family and loved ones. It brings true clarity. The last half of Josevie’s book describes 11 steps to maneuvering life’s obstacles with confidence. Rather than always asking what we can work on, look at what we have achieved and use this information as steps to finding our authentic selves.
- Her company, Black Card Books, is the first to begin entrepreneurial book writing. They have proprietary systems that go beyond simply writing a book and publishing it. Instead, they focus on positioning you, the author, as a properly positioned author in the marketplace so that the measure of success is what you want the book to actually do for you- whether to become a speaker or to build credibility or authority.
- Black Card Books uses a system called “The Critical Three”: 1.) Planning the right book 2.) Finding out who your reader is, and 3.) Discovering your “teapot” and what are their needs, desires, and problems. Write what your reader needs to hear, not what you need to say. Their system also includes these parts: Plan It, Write It (which includes the 40-hour system), Fund It (how to get others to pay for your book project), Move It (selling your books), and Publish It (how to publish and launch your first book).
Final encouraging words for entrepreneurs
- Don’t be afraid of failure. Just do it.
- You don’t have to have a business loan, you can start small.
- You are your #1 asset. Grow you. Keep learning and growing.
- Success is knowing what you want to do and growing yourself into being who you want to be in order to make it happen.
- You have to be flexible sometimes.
How to reach Black Card Books
Visit Black Card Books for your free downloads and to register for an upcoming webinar.
Contact us at HER Business Elevated…
Credits: Intro/Outro Music by Jobi: English Breakfast- https://www.epidemicsound.com/track/7emX18vZqh/